Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Construction Calamity

Well they’ve gone and done it! They’ve been a hammering and scraping and shoveling and then that intense drilling again and then SILENCE!!! Oh Oh I thought that's strange! Then two seconds later the fire alarm goes off and we gather our stuff and start out the doors and are met at the shell of a washroom by this burning smell!!!! No workmen in sight. We get outside and there they are sitting around the BEARS on BROADWAY smoking and watching us file out!!!

Well four fire trucks arrived, then two leave and about 15 minutes later we’re allowed back in – about a half hour break in total. It still stinks to high heaven on our floor but the workmen are back in there doing their stuff so guess it’s safe! I've taped our security door lock open so we can at least close our door to the noise and smells. I’m just surprised this is the first time we’ve had something happen. Apparently whomever was sawing cut through some electrical wires! Maybe we should have a betting pool to see when the next alarm is triggered???

Well I can tell you my pounding headache is back full force. Thank goodness I’m off the next two evenings so I can just relax and catch up on some of my sewing and postcard IOUs.

No comments: